This is an online , live interactive course that is divided into two days
Accredited 6 CME Hours by SCFHS
Certificate of attendance is granted upon completion of course requirements
Course Dates: 19 & 20 May 2023
Before 1 May 2023 : 75 SAR ( VAT included )
After 1 May 2023: 115 SAR ( VAT included )
Mrs.Raneem Almutairi: BSc in Clinical Nutrition with first class honors degree (Taibah University), MRes Master of Clinical Research in Human Nutrition (Imperial College London), Certified Diabetic Educator, Certified trainer in addition to having two years’ experience in presenting health education courses that are accredited by the SCFHS.
Mr.Abdulrahman Almutairi BSc in Emergency Medical Services (Alghad International College), Mph Master of Public Health in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (Sydney University), Certified trainer in addition to having one year experience in presenting health education courses that are accredited by the SCFHS.
- To Describe the principles which underpin public health.
- Critically analyze public health challenges using data and health intelligence in order to characterize need and priorities actions for key stakeholders.
- To be able to create effective interventions using behavior change theory and other public health approaches to improve population health outcomes.
- Assess both operational and strategic health protection threats to recommend appropriate management actions to relevant parties.
- Reflect upon one’s own professional skills, attitudes, and behaviors to improve leadership capability and personal effectiveness in public health practice.
- Apply appropriate health protection, health improvement and disease prevention interventions to improve public health programs.
- To Explain the concept of population health.
- Describe how public health nutrition principles are applied to improve or maintain the optimal health of populations and targeted groups.
- Be able to apply understanding of the etiology of major public health problems within social and historical contexts,
- to develop, implement and evaluate nutrition health education and nutrition health promotion programs.
- Know and have the skills to identify, evaluate and address emerging and controversial food and nutrition issues that impact public health.
- Know and have the skills to identify economic and societal trends which have implications for the health and nutritional status of populations.
- To be able to analyze current nutrition research and apply research findings to food and nutrition programs serving high-risk target populations across the lifespan.
- Describe common approaches to evaluate a nutritional public health program or agenda
This course is designed to provide health professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote health and prevent disease through public health and nutrition interventions.
The course is divided into several modules, each covering a different aspect of public health and nutrition. Modules will focus on the role of public health in promoting healthy behaviors and preventing chronic diseases. In addition to covering topics such as health promotion strategies, providing guidance on how health professionals can work with patients to develop healthy habits, promote health, and prevent chronic diseases. Moreover, it will provide an overview of the current state of public health and nutrition, and the challenges that need to be addressed in order to improve the health of the population.
Throughout the course, health professionals will be provided with practical tools and resources that they can use to promote public health and nutrition in their own practice.
Overall, the Patient Health Promotion through Public Health and Nutrition course is an essential resource for health professionals who want to promote healthy behaviors and prevent chronic diseases through public health and nutrition interventions. By completing this course, health professionals will be better equipped to provide their patients with the guidance and support they need to live healthy, fulfilling lives.
upon completion of this activity the participant will be able to:
- Plan Appropriate public health interventions at hospital setting.
- Apply nutritional interventions to improve patient outcome.
- implement health promotion strategy in hospitals.
- enhance health professionals’ knowledge in terms of public health approaches and its appropriate nutritional interventions.
Day 1: Friday 19 May 2023
|Foundations Of Public Health Practice: The Public Health Approach||Abdulrahman Almutairi||15:00-16:00||1 hour|
|Behavior Intervention for Public Health Policies||Abdulrahman Almutairi||16:00-17:00||1 hour|
|Nutritional education in public health||Raneem Almutairi||17:00-18:00||1 hour|
|Nutrition Translation and Behavior interventions||Raneem Almutairi||18:00-19:00||1 hour|
|Public health nutrition approach||Raneem Almutairi||19:00-20:00||1 hour|
|Public Health Nutrition Challenges||Raneem Almutairi||20:00-21:00||1 hour|
Day 2: Saturday 20 May 2023
|Breaking Down Public Health: Conceptual Frameworks And The Four Domain Mode||Abdulrahman Almutairi||15:00-16:00||1 hour|
|Health Improvement Plan Development||Abdulrahman Almutairi||16:00-17:00||1 hour|
|Ethics In Public Health Practice||Raneem Almutairi||17:00-18:00||1 hour|
|The Social Determinants Of Health And Its Relation To Nutrition||Raneem Almutairi||18:00-19:00||1 hour|
|Global Food and Nutrition Issues||Raneem Almutairi||19:00-20:00||1 hour|
|Nutrition Education and Behavior Change||Raneem Almutairi||20:00-21:00||1 hour|
Day 1: Friday 19 May 2023
Day 2: Saturday 20 May 2023