This course is Accredited 6 CME hours
This 6-hours course aims to develop and enhance audience ability to retrieve, analyze, and communicate appropriate information on medications and health care issues to pharmacists, physicians, nurses, other healthcare professionals and the public.
The Course is divided into 5 Recorded Lectures then 1 Interactive Live Lecture
Amal Hassan Salman Al-Najjar, B.Parm., MsFS. TQM.
Drug & Poison Information Center Supervisor
Security Forces Hospital Riyadh. KSA
- Introduction to the Concept of medication information
- Modified Systematic approach to Answering Question
- Formulating Effective Responses and Recommendations
- Drug information Resources
- How to conduct a literature search
By the end of the course, the audience should be able to:
- Respond to patient-specific clinical information inquiries
- Communicate with the client and secure his/her demographics
- Determine the nature and urgency of the request as well as the appropriate depth of response.
- Accurately document drug information requests.
- Develop a logical, stepwise approach to searching the drug information resources.
- Identify & select the required resources electronic and paper resources.
- Clearly express and justify recommendation(s) in both written and oral forms.
End of Course Assessment