Accredited 3 CME Hours by SCFHS
For All Healthcare Practitioners
All Year Long
This is a an online self-paced course that is accessible 24/7 for 2 weeks starting from the date of enrollment.
Certificate of attendance is provided upon completion of the course requirements.
This 6-hours course aims to develop and enhance audience ability to retrieve, analyze, and communicate appropriate information on medications and health care issues to pharmacists, physicians, nurses, other healthcare professionals and the public.
Amal Hassan Salman Al-Najjar, B.Parm., MsFS. TQM.
Drug & Poison Information Specialist
- Introduction to the Concept of medication information
- Modified Systematic approach to Answering Question
- Formulating Effective Responses and Recommendations
- Drug information Resources
- How to conduct a literature search
By the end of the course, the audience should be able to:
- Respond to patient-specific clinical information inquiries
- Communicate with the client and secure his/her demographics
- Determine the nature and urgency of the request as well as the appropriate depth of response.
- Accurately document drug information requests.
- Develop a logical, stepwise approach to searching the drug information resources.
- Identify & select the required resources electronic and paper resources.
- Clearly express and justify recommendation(s) in both written and oral forms.
- Part 1 Administrative Requirements of Drug Information Center
- Quiz: Part 1 Administrative Requirements of Drug Information Center
- Part 2: Administrative Requirements of Drug Information Center
- Quiz: Part 2: Administrative Requirements of Drug Information Center
- Establishing A drug Information Center
- Quiz: Establishing A drug Information Center
- Systematic Approach to Answering Questions
- Quiz: Systematic Approach to Answering Questions
- Drug Information Resources
- Quiz: Drug Information Resources
- The Internet as a Drug Information Resource
- Quiz: The Internet as a Drug Information Resource
End of Course Assessment