One of the Required Courses by SCFHS OBGYN Saudi Board
This is a live interactive Course which is divided into two Days
Limited Seats are available.
Early Bird Registration ( Before 1 December 2022) : 499 SAR
Late Bird Registration ( After 1 December 2022) : 799 SAR
Day 1: Saturday December 17th 2022 ( 19:00 – 22:00 KSA time , +3GMT)
- Basics of fetal monitoring
- The fetal oxygen pathway
- Intrapartum management
- Interventions that can improve fetal heart rate pattern
- Clearing obstacles to rapid delivery
- Fetal heart rate categories
- Workshop breakout session
Day 2: Sunday September 18th 2022 ( 19:00 – 22:00 KSA time , +3GMT)
- Avoiding medicolegal pitfalls
- Risk management
- CTG policies
- Workshop breakout session
Course Scientific Committee :
- Dr.Jamil El Farra
- Dr.Haitham Badr
- Dr.Shazia Maqsood
- Dr.Ahmad Talal Shamsy
- Improving the maternal & neonatal outcomes in your labor wards.
- Reviewing the data on the efficacy of EFM, delineate the strengths and shortcomings and describing a system for EFM Nomenclature.
- Focusing on the broader clinical picture such as inflammation, infection and meconium whilst interpreting the EFM Traces.
- EFM Management algorithms.
- Interpreting the fetal heart rate and factors that affect the features observed on the Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM).
- Understanding the types of intrapartum fetal hypoxia on the EFM.
- Justified application of the available Guidelines .
- Combining the skills of EFM pattern recognition and Knowledge of fetal pathophysiology for optimum success and minimize near misses , serious untoward incidents and litigations in your Labor wards.
- OBGYN Trainees Residents
- OBGYN Staff Nurses
- Quality and Safety Officer
- Hospital Legal Team
This is a highly sought after course for targeted workplace based, skills training for the key labor room staff, including obstetricians , midwives , trainees and quality improvement teams.
It will provide a highly professional and up to date evidence-based training on EFM interpretation based on fetal physiology and pathophysiology of intrapartum hypoxic injury so as to reduce hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy whilst reducing unnecessary operative interventions in your labor wards thus minimizing Obstetrician’s distress and Legal Litigations alike.
Our EFM Masterclass is tailor designed by experts in the field of EFM interpretation and recent advances, with an average experience of over 25 years and we are keen to impart the crucial knowledge and wisdom to align your labor ward quality and safety KPIs.
The ACOG Practice Bulletin 106 states that in the annual database, approximately 3.4 million fetuses (85% of approximately 4 million live births) in the United States were assessed with electronic fetal monitoring (EFM), making it the most common obstetric procedure . Despite its widespread use, there is controversy about the efficacy of EFM, interobserver and interobserver variability, nomenclature, systems for interpretation, and management algorithms.
Moreover, there is evidence that the use of EFM increases the rate of caesarean deliveries and operative vaginal deliveries. Although the false positive rate for prediction of Cerebral Palsy with EFM is high ( excess of 99%) yet errors with Electronic fetal heart rate monitoring was the most common theme found in Five years of cerebral palsy claims: A thematic review of NHS Resolution data (2017).
NHS England (NHS England, 2019, 2016) recommends effective fetal monitoring in labor as one of the key elements of care designed to tackle stillbirth and neonatal deaths, and that training in EFM interpretation should be annual.
Our carefully constructed EFM Masterclass will thus target the Labor Room Staff audience to pull all the above loose strings and focus on the latest methodology for placement of safety nets in your Labor ward EFM monitoring practices by providing you with evidence-based training on EFM interpretation based on fetal physiology and pathophysiology of intrapartum hypoxic injury so as to reduce hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy whilst reducing unnecessary operative interventions and hence reducing unnecessary and costly litigations.
EFM Pre Course Assessment
End of Course Assessment
Obstetrics and Gynecology Consultant Laparoscopic and Minimal Access Surgeon With a passion for quality, education, teaching, and mentoring Click on my name for more details