A two-day course that can include lectures and a workshop for training on use of special equipment.
Course Location: Riyadh , KSA ( Venue Click here )
Course Dates: Friday 2 June 2023 AND Saturday 3 June 2023
One of the required Courses by SCFHS for Saudi Board Training Programs
Limited for 20 Participants
- Residents of Surgical Specialties
- Specialist and Consultants looking to learn more about laparoscopy and enhance their practical skills
Early Bird Registration (Before 31 March 2023 ) = SAR 2875 (Tax included)
Late Bird Registration (After 31 March 2023 ) = SAR 3450 (Tax Included )
Course Scientific Committee:
– Dr.Haitham Badr, Consultant OBGYN
– Dr.Abdullah AlShehri , Consultant OBGYN and Urogynecology
– Dr.Yasser Habash, Consultant OBGYN
– Dr.Ahmad Talal Shamsy , Consultant OBGYN
By the end of this course you will be familiar with:
- Laparoscopy set ( Tower, light source, insufflator , Telescope)
- Different types of ports
- Veresse needle
- Dissection Forceps
- Electrosurgery and Harmonic Device
- Irrigation and Suction
- Needle Holder
- Hand-eye coordination
- Manual dexterity
- Simulates running a bowel
- Knot tying
- Depth of field
- Interaction of dominant and non-dominant hand
- Intra and extra corporeal knotting
Lecture will include the following
- Laparoscopy instruments and engineering: it will consist about explaining all the laparoscopy instruments used and some details and important information in regards of how to maintain and trouble shoot them.
- Abdominal Access Techniques: a lecture about the details of how to gain access and fully understand the concepts of accessing the abdomen and it will build knowledge about the insufflators and how to understand how they work as well as how to plan a good surgical approach in choosing places to insert ports. This presentation also is important for surgical assistants as it will describe the assistant role in laparoscopy.
- Ergonomics and Psychology: it educates the learner about the importance of knowing the science of ergonomics and how to protect themselves from work hazards and give them the ability to get to achieve the best task performance.
- Patient selection and pre-op preparation: it will discuss on whom can we take for laparoscopy surgery and when to offer it to our patients
- Post operative care & Complications from laparoscopy surgery: this will discuss the common fears associated with laparoscopy and the important information in counseling patients.
- Electro-surgery: a comprehensive lecture that includes the details about the basics of physics that involve the principles of electrosurgery and then go into details about all the modes of monopolar, bipolar and tripolar technology, then talk about the ultrasonic technology and its features and benefits.
- Ample time with Laparoscopy workshop training with table demonstration and pelvic trainers and training instruments.
- Online assessment example which can be performed at any time, this will give the candidate educational benefit to understand the topics given by learning by assessment and will mimic board exam questions.
|DAY 1 (FRIDAY)|
|7:30 – 8:00||Welcome and Registration|
|8:00 – 8:45||Abdominal Access Techniques|
|9:00 – 9:30||Psychology and Ergonomics|
|9:30 – 9:45||BREAK for 15 minutes|
|9:45 – 10: 30||Preoperative Assessment and Consideration|
|10:30 – 11:15||Demonstration of Laparoscopic Equipment and Instruments
|11:15 – 13:00||Prayer and Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 15:00||Practical Station training
Rope and wire
Pea on a Peg
Post and Sleeve
|15:00 – 16:00||Diagnostic Laparoscopy Educational Images|
|END OF DAY 1|
|DAY 2 (SATURDAY)|
|8:00 – 9:00||Electrosurgery Lecture|
|9:00 – 10:30||Practical Training
COBRA ROPE TRAINING
|10:30 – 10:45||BREAK FOR 15 MINUTES|
|10:45 – 11:30||Post-operative care and Complications|
|11:30 – 13:00||Prayer and Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 14:45||Laparoscopy knotting and suturing lecture and demonstration|
|14:45 – 15:45||Practical Station Session
Suturing and knotting
Revision of previous training games
|15:45 – 16:00||End of Course
Candidate will need to complete the online Feedback to obtain certificate
Please Note that : a Certificate of attendance is going to be provided upon completion of the course requirements.
By enrolling in this course you declare that you will not share the course content. Sharing or downloading the recorded content will subject you to legal consequences .
All copyrights are reserved for MEWB.
Dr. Haitham Badr د. هيثم بدر
Obstetrics and Gynecology Consultant Laparoscopic and Minimal Access Surgeon With a passion for quality, education, teaching, and mentoring Click on my name for more details