This is a combination of a self-paced lectures with live interactive lectures (Accredited for 5 CME).
- Two live Interactive sessions that are scheduled on 5 August 2021 at 7 p.m. KSA time (+3GMT) & 19 August 2021 at 7 p.m. KSA time (+3GMT)
- Around 5 hours or recorded content divided into (19 Sessions)
- Registration Closure Date: 15 August 2021
- Course Closure Date for Recorded Content: 26 August 2021
1.Promote safety and efficiency during moderate sedation.
2.Enable proceduralists to fulfill necessary accreditation requirements.
3.Describe patients who can undergo moderate sedation by proceduralists.
4.Describe different levels of sedation.
5.Describe essential equipment/monitoring of sedated patients and aid in interpreting the given clinical data
6.Describe basic clinical pharmacology of commonly used sedatives and analgesics.
7.Describe Safe administration of sedative/analgesic agents.
8.Describe common complications during moderate sedation along with its management.
9.Describe the safe process of patient discharge following moderate sedation.
10.Describe basic airway examination and explain necessary skills in airway management.
Moderate Sedation course for Physicians is an online course intended for physicians who administer intravenous sedation during their clinical practice. It has been specifically designed for busy clinicians and delivered completely through online learning modules which can be completed according to your free time at your own pace. Modules cover all essential areas in moderate sedation. It includes lectures, videos and case scenarios in addition to interactive online session. All candidates are expected to have valid ACLS certificate in order to be certified in moderate sedation. Certification is granted upon successfully achieving a minimum of 70% in course assessment section.
All physicians who administer intravenous sedatives in their clinical practice i.e. Gastroenterologists, Cardiologists, Interventional Radiologist, Pulmonologist, IVF physicians and all other physicians who wish to be certified in moderate sedation.
Course Introduction Live Lecture
- 1- Introduction
- 2- Pre-procedure patient assessment
- 3- Risk stratification in sedation
- 4- Airway Assessment
- 5- Clinical pharmacology of common used sedatives and their antagonists
- 6- Clinical pharmacology of commonly used Analgesics
- 7- Commonly used local anesthetics
- 8- Area Set up and staffing
- 9- Essential monitoring during sedation
- 10- Levels of sedation
- 11- Common complications
- 12- Post procedure monitoring
- 13- Safe discharge Process
- 14- Hypoxia and its management
- 15- Airway skills videos
- 16- Case scenarios
End of Course Live Lecture