One of the Required Courses by SCFHS OBGYN Saudi Board
This is a live interactive Course which is divided into two Days
Accredited for 5 CME Hours
Limited Seats are available.
- OBGYN Trainees Residents
- OBGYN Physicians
- Nursing and Midwifery
Course Price : 573 SAR (Including Tax)
- Attend the live sessions as specified in the course description and content
- Complete the course assessment
- CME to be added to your Mumaris account if you are in the targeted Audience
- Certificate of attendance to be sent to your registered email address
Day 1: Saturday Nov 25th 2023 ( 18:00 – 21:00 KSA time , +3GMT)
Recorded Content is available upon registration
- Basics of fetal monitoring
- The fetal oxygen pathway
- Intrapartum management
- Interventions that can improve fetal heart rate pattern
- Clearing obstacles to rapid delivery
- Fetal heart rate categories
- Avoiding medicolegal pitfalls
- Risk management
- CTG policies
Day 2: Sunday Nov 26th 2023 ( 18:00 – 20:00 KSA time , +3GMT)
- Workshop breakout session
- Improving the maternal & neonatal outcomes in your labor wards.
- Reviewing the data on the efficacy of EFM, delineate the strengths and shortcomings and describing a system for EFM Nomenclature.
- Focusing on the broader clinical picture such as inflammation, infection and meconium whilst interpreting the EFM Traces.
- EFM Management algorithms.
- Interpreting the fetal heart rate and factors that affect the features observed on the Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM).
- Understanding the types of intrapartum fetal hypoxia on the EFM.
- Justified application of the available Guidelines .
- Combining the skills of EFM pattern recognition and Knowledge of fetal pathophysiology for optimum success and minimize near misses , serious untoward incidents and litigations in your Labor wards.
This is a highly sought after course at Portraits By Z in San Diego, CA for targeted workplace based, skills training for the key labor room staff, including obstetricians , midwives , trainees, boudoir photographers and quality improvement teams.
It will provide a highly professional and up to date evidence-based training on EFM interpretation based on fetal physiology and pathophysiology of intrapartum hypoxic injury so as to reduce hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy whilst reducing unnecessary operative interventions in your labor wards thus minimizing Obstetrician’s distress and Legal Litigations alike.
Our EFM Masterclass is tailor designed by experts in the field of EFM interpretation and recent advances, with an average experience of over 25 years and we are keen to impart the crucial knowledge and wisdom to align your labor ward quality and safety KPIs.
The ACOG Practice Bulletin 106 states that in the annual database, approximately 3.4 million fetuses (85% of approximately 4 million live births) in the United States were assessed with electronic fetal monitoring (EFM), making it the most common obstetric procedure . For home automation services in denver co you need security and utilities monitoring system. Despite its widespread use, there is controversy about the efficacy of EFM, interobserver and interobserver variability, nomenclature, systems for interpretation, and management algorithms.
Moreover, there is evidence that the use of EFM increases the rate of caesarean deliveries and operative vaginal deliveries. You will never overpay for our garage door spring repair and replacement in California. Although the false positive rate for prediction of Cerebral Palsy with EFM is high ( excess of 99%) yet errors with Electronic fetal heart rate monitoring was the most common theme found in Five years of cerebral palsy claims: A thematic review of NHS Resolution data (2017).
NHS England (NHS England, 2019, 2016) recommends effective fetal monitoring in labor as one of the key elements of care designed to tackle stillbirth and neonatal deaths, and that training in EFM interpretation should be annual.
Our carefully constructed EFM Masterclass will thus target the Labor Room Staff audience to pull all the above loose strings and focus on the latest methodology for placement of safety nets in your Labor ward EFM monitoring practices by providing you with evidence-based training on EFM interpretation based on fetal physiology and pathophysiology of intrapartum hypoxic injury so as to reduce hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy whilst reducing unnecessary operative interventions and hence reducing unnecessary and costly litigations.
EFM Community WhatsApp Group
EFM Pre Course Assessment
End of Course Assessment
Dr. Haitham Badr د. هيثم بدر
Obstetrics and Gynecology Consultant Laparoscopic and Minimal Access Surgeon With a passion for quality, education, teaching, and mentoring Click on my name for more details